Valencia Road to Mary Ann Cleveland Way
STATUS: In Design
Design for this project began in August 2017. The design concept and initial design were established during the conceptual design phase which started in 2006. Improvements will extend from just south of the Valencia Road intersection to immediately north of the Mary Ann Cleveland Way intersection. The process is anticipated to take 24 months. Two public meetings will be held during the design phase, one near the beginning of the design process and one near design completion prior to starting construction.
- Widening Houghton Road to a six-lane desert parkway with median
- Left-turn lanes and dedicated right-turn lanes at the Rita Road intersection
- New traffic signal and lighting at Rita Road
- Drainage improvements to provide all-weather access during major storms
- Bus pullouts
- Improved asphalt surface
- Bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Native landscaping with water harvesting
- Roadway lighting
- Public art
This is a project of the Regional Transportation Authority. The voter-approved, $2.1 billion RTA plan will be implemented through 2026. Details about the full plan are available at www.RTAmobility.com. The Regional Transportation Authority has a nine-member board with representatives from local, state and tribal governments. This project is being managed by the City of Tucson.